Apothekersdijk 15, Leiden
A monumental canal house to be renovated in the city center of Leiden
Welcome to “In Den Scheepsmaeckerij”; an extremely characteristic 18th century national monument with an exquisite courtyard garden and a living area of no less than 310 m2. This building, located in the city center of Leiden, is fantastic: at a walking distance from everything that makes living in the city center so special. Even Leiden Central Station is within 7 minutes walking distance. Besides everything being so easily accessible on foot, you can reach the A4 and A44 motorways within minutes per car. There is a place for you to park your car right in front of the door. Both neighboring properties are private residents – no hotel and catering business or students. The house radiates peacefulness and ambience.
The Apothekersdijk is also locally known as the “Riviera of Leiden”. With a drink on the bench in front of your house, you can enjoy the sun going down over the Rhine. People visiting this house are impressed by its peacefulness, the ambience, and the light fall in the house. You can see the Old Rhine, where many boots sail past, from all the rooms on the front side of the house. And it is possible to get a mooring permit for a boot in front of the house.
The house has a rich history. Originally, there was a ship building facility on this site, where large tree trunks were brought in over the Rhine. Later, herbs and spices were traded here, which is why the street is called “Apothekersdijk” (pharmacy dyke). Despite different renovations throughout the centuries, the house has not lost its character and still breathes the same ambience as in the past.
This tasteful private house is very spacious. With a living area of about 310 m² spread over 3 levels, it gives you a royal home comfort. Besides the living room, bathroom, and kitchen, there are 7 large areas and 2 large attics. The house consists of a front house and a surprising annex to the house that could be used for different purposes.
As indicated above, this house should be (fully) renovated. This offers you an opportunity to remodel the house completely to your liking. You can make use of the new subsidy scheme for conservation of monuments (subsidieregeling instandhouding monumenten). With this scheme, you can send a request for the conservation of house/national monuments subsidy (instandhoudingssubsidie woonhuis-rijksmonumenten). The contribution from this scheme is 38% of the eligible amount.
Are you looking for a large house you can remodel completely just as you like, located right in the city center yet peaceful? There are but few houses that can offer this combination. This is a special opportunity!
BRIEFLY: What makes the Apothekersdijk 15 so special?
- About 310 m2 spacious living area spread over 3 floors
- Living room, kitchen, bathroom, and no less than 7 large areas and 2 large attics
- Rich history, het house radiates peacefulness and ambience
- Even after several different renovations in the past centuries, the unique character has been preserved
- Fantastic location right in the city center, close to several restaurants, nice bars, and the market
- Leiden Central Station just 7 minutes walking distance away
- Possible to park the car right in front of the door (46 EURO every quarter for a parking permit)
- Can reach the A4 and A44 motorways within minutes by car
- Possible to get mooring permit for a boot right in front of the house
- Entitled to the conservation of house/national monuments subsidy when renovating the house
For the layout and a picture of the present condition, we would like to refer to the floor plans and the pictures on Funda and our website. The official function of this building is “home”. The size of the plot is 201 m2.
You are more than welcome to visit this remarkable object.